Tuesday, May 13, 2008

crappy

I'm talking about my struggle with my new job. There seems to be a miscommunication or misunderstanding between us. I suspect that it is because my approach to learning is wholesome and that I seek a theoretical framework with which to understanding the processes involved whereas they just grasp a set of procedures and start doing it. I really find that I have difficulty with this approach. I feel I have to write down step-by-step the processes, add sidenotes and have conceptual explanations. And yet my mind doesn't seem to be able to put it all together and so I end up going to work each day with no clear framework with which to do my work and build upon it adding flesh to it as I continue to practice. In the meantime, I forget many details even as my co-workers have explained several times already. Also, they seem to be quite impatient. Or it could be just because they're women? I don't know what it is. They may be frustated, but I can certainly say that I am at least as frustated as they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home