Friday, August 22, 2008

downgrade

I have been assessed that I am not able to keep up with the volume along side of the other co-workers and so as of Monday, I will not be doing extending and posting anymore. I would just be doing filing and pulling cheques and stuff. This position is an accounts payable and now I have been reduced to not being allowed to do even the little accounting-related stuff. What now? We recently have a new VP of Finance "Darren" who was formerly Controller of Sysco Calgary and I was talking to him one-on-one last week. He said that under him, he had people doing bank recon and financial reports and that he would do the same thing here. And now this thing happened with my position. What are the chances of Jan still paying what I get now just to do filing and stuff? Probably not much. If Darren decides to create new positions, when would this be and would I have a chance? Was Jan being nice and giving me a warning sign that I better prepare for something else so that when the time arrives I would be able to find employment elsewhere before I would have to be terminated? Next week, AT is on vacation and then SF will be off for two weeks. Would this actually buy me three weeks until I find other employment or does it buy them time to create and hire a new position which I would fill?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home