Monday, September 26, 2005

2005 Alberta Trip [4/4]

Sept 26, 2005 Monday 11:00AM ==> Discovered that the batteries recovered a bit of life so I took the chance to take whatever shots I could. For example, I got this. It was the restaurant I went last night.

Checked out the U. of Lethbridge. Building-wise, it was not big, but it offered a pretty nice view of the Oldman River and parks from the University Hall. I don't know if it's because of what I previously read about the history of the place or what, but when I gazed at the hilly plains in that area, I could almost hear the calls of the Indians as they danced around the fire or chased buffaloes or confronted with the white settlers. Probably just too many movies plus my vivid imaginations.


Decided to leave at 5 instead of 6 as originally planned (only 33km driven in Leth). Stopped by Union Cemetary; my battery might've recovered enough for a couple of shots and I really wanted to take a shot near the pedestrian bridge on MacLeod Trail. My navigational skills lead me to the wrong spot within the cemetary so I had to hastily take any shot of the downtown core before the sun hides behind the mountain (ie: no more light on the buildings).


Back to the Airport to return the car. Waited for the #57. Then at Whitehorn, I took the CTrain and got off at 8th St. And then walked back to the Greyhound station.


Bus finally leaves at 23:36PM. It was already raining outside. But basically I was lucky to have experienced great weather for the whole trip. It was sunny in BC when I woke up in the morning. I decided to get off at the Coquitlam stop (behind IKEA) rather than Vancouver so that I could get home earlier.

 



** CHECK OUT PICTURES HERE **


 


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home